Skip to main content

Financial Aid FAQ

College is a big investment, but it doesn't have to break the bank. Learn more about tuition costs, grants and applying for financial aid here. 

Can I get financial aid?

All students who are eligible and demonstrate financial need can receive financial aid. Currently, 98% of the undergrad population at FPU receives financial aid through scholarships, grants and loans. Each student's financial aid award package is unique and is based on factors such as need and GPA. Contact your admissions counselor for more information.

What are the different types of financial aid?

FPU offers several different types of financial aid. You can view the types of awards on our Tuition & Financial Aid page.

How is my financial aid determined?

By filling out the FAFSA, the federal government uses complex calculations to determine your family income and EFC (expected family contribution). This information is sent to FPU from the Department of Education and will be used in creating your award package. .

What does it cost to attend FPU?

Costs associated with tuition can be found on our tuition and fees page. These are guidelines as there are many scholarships and other aid opportunities available to prospective students. You can get an estimate of what your costs may be by using our cost estimator.

What is a Pell Grant?

A Pell Grant is a grant from the federal government that comes directly to FPU on your behalf and is funded to your student account. The Pell Grant is split among all colleges you attend for the school year, so if you're a transfer student you can still be eligible to receive the remainder of the Pell Grant awarded by your previous institution.

What is "verification?"

Verification is a process in which the government validates the income information you report on the FAFSA. If you are selected for verification, you will have to submit copies of your prior year's taxes and W2(s). If you are a dependent student, you will also need to submit copies of your parents' taxes and W2(s) for the previous year. If you are married and your spouse earned income for the previous year, you must also submit your spouse's W2(s).

How do I apply for financial aid?

We've made it easy for you to see what you need to do. Just follow our steps to apply.

What's a FAFSA?

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a form that the government uses to determine your family's expected contribution for your education. This expected family contribution (EFC) is used to calculate how much federal aid you are eligible for. In short, it is a standard way for the government to disburse money for education to students with need.